We offer 5 types of Asset & Maintenance Management services :
- Full Management of the Aircraft
- Lease Management
- Technical Services
- Engine advisory
- Regulatory advisory
1. FULL MANAGEMENT OF THE AIRCRAFT
Stage 1 - Delivery and Transfer of Title (ToT)
Our customer can request support for the supervision on the Final Assembly Line (Solution: FAL) of his aircraft. This stage ends with the transfer of title, i.e. when the new owner gets the keys. Service include Aircraft and aircraft and engine records management.
Stage 2 - Maintenance of the aircraft and technical services
Our qualified team will update, optimise or develop aircraft maintenance programs for your organisation. We may also take in charge Maintenance contract review and negotiation. Aeroconseil covers every aspect of an operator's needs and provides services including Technical Authoring and Writing, Aircraft Modification development, Component Maintenance Manual management, aircraft reliability programs and document / data conversion assistance.
Stage 3 - Continuing Airworthiness Management of the aircraft
As a leading independent organisation approved under the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) Part M (Subparts G and I) as a CAMO, Aeroconseil supports commercial and private operators in the continuing airworthiness management of their aircraft.
Stage 4 - Transactions
We provide end-to-end management of the audit process of the asset that will change hands, the administrative support and advice on promoting the asset’s worth.
Stage 5 - Storage and End of life
Aeroconseil is a member of Tarmac Aerosave and with its partners, Airbus, Safran-Snecma and Sita, ensures the aircraft’s storage until it is recommissioned, or the aircraft’s total dismantling at the end of its lifecycle.
2. LEASE MANAGEMENT
Full or part package arrangements are available to lessors and lessees using Aeroconseil expertise. This can include invoicing for rental payments, maintenance reserves and security deposit handling.
Aeroconseil maintains ledgers recording all payments and withdrawals, monitors lessee payments and liaises with clients and lessees in connection with collection of late payments. We monitor and verify a lessee’s compliance with maintenance obligations covered under the lease.
If you are seeking high standards in the area of lease management and demand delivery in realistic time frames, the Aeroconseil business model is exactly what you require.
3. TECHNICAL SERVICES
Aeroconseil NL aims to offer a full range of aircraft and engine management services tailored to the specific needs of different clients in the airline, aerospace, financial and leasing sectors. The technical services division will cover a wide area, including all aspects of due diligence regarding pre-purchase inspections, major maintenance management, reserves claims management, regular audits, re-delivery support and provision of experienced technical opinions.
Services include :
- Engine data collection and keeping
- Engine documentation review
- Full shop visit management (including documentation, cost and maintenance claim reviews)
- Engine technical inspections
- Engine borescope inspection overview and boro-blend repair
- Technical representation during table inspections
- Engine full cycle management
- Aircraft reporting
- Engine condition trend monitoring
5. REGULATORY ADVISORY
Staying in compliance with FAA, EASA or other regulations can be a daunting process for any aircraft operator. Aeroconseil offers the airline industry a team of knowledgeable and highly experienced industry experts to assist in the development or updating of internal policies to meet the necessary guidelines.
Aeroconseil offers expert training courses on all aspects of foreign aircraft safety oversight programmes, EASA regulations and other aviation safety regulations. Working in close association with different implementation services, Aeroconseil training is focused at National Aviation Authorities (NAA), lessors, airlines and maintenance organisations.
Courses are state-of-the-art, practical and strive to be of the highest quality. They are presented to small groups in the English language, although other language printed course materials and translation services can be arranged.
Our experienced instructors offer both theoretical knowledge and practical industry experience. They encourage strong involvement and commitment from participants.
Learn more about our solutions
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aeroconseil is EASA Part M certified for ensuring the continuing airworthiness of an aircraft link to CAMO solution (Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation)
- Aeroconseil is EASA Part 145 certified for aircraft maintenance
- Aeroconseil is experienced in complex maintenance programs, notably on the Airbus fleet, for which we take care of MSG3 and MPD-type operations
- Aeroconseil is experienced in working on the three Airbus assembly lines (the FALs at Toulouse, Hamburg and Tianjin) and has staff working permanently on site in Toulouse and Hamburg.
- Our expertise is unique, bringing together in-depth knowledge of both aircraft manufacturing (notably Airbus for whom Aeroconseil is the referenced partner) and airline operations.
Our added value
- We represent the customer throughout the aircraft Delivery – Recovery – Maintenance – End of Life processes
- We protect the value of your asset by recommending the operations that fit best with your requirements
- We optimise the airworthiness of an aircraft
- We guarantee flexibility and reactivity in supervising an aircraft on FAL or in a maintenance centre (2 hours notice in France and Germany for FAL supervision)
- Our technical analysis of an aircraft highlights any financial impacts on the aircraft’s valuation